Thursday, July 29, 2010

Invisible Fences are not cool

I have a beef with invisible fences.  And evil German Shepherds.  I may or may not have mentioned the numerous demon-possessed dogs on my route in the blog so far...there are a lot of them.  And the invisible fence, while convenient for the dog owner, brings no comfort at all to the random passer-by.  Seriously!  Dogs sprint off the porch, barking their faces off, straight up to the edge of the road inches from my legs.  I thought I left rabid dogs behind when I left the Philippines, but I guess not. :-\

On the bright side, I really enjoyed my 5-mile run this evening.  We had thunderstorms earlier today, so the air was cooler, somewhat damp, but a clear night so you could see the stars.  I finished planning my 10-mile route today...that's definitely going to take some effort to finish, but I think if I can cover it at a decent pace it will boost my confidence when it comes to the longer runs.


2 comments:

  1. Bryce! I came across this on FB, and I love it! You're making me want to train for a marathon. Nice work :) Plus, your writing is very fun to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that's pretty windey (I had trouble spellling this....it must not be a word). Anyway, just an idea from my experience...if you have any parks...like Kensington or something with an inter-urban trail of sorts, it really helps with the long days. It's harder to have to run through neighborhoods and such. At least I thought so.

    ReplyDelete