Monday, August 16, 2010

Sweatpants, I have missed you

Who doesn't love to be comfortable?  I have this pair of sweatpants that haven't been worn in like four months because it's been so blasted hot outside.  Well, today was cooler, and after my run I decided to go for something comfy.  Now all I need is a footbath.  This bucket I'm using just isn't the same.  Yes, I'm sitting in sweatpants with my feet in a bucket of hot water.

Today was rough people.  I've been a little off schedule lately due to all of my traveling, and getting back into the routine just might turn out to be torturous.  My legs reached a point during this 12-mile run that they've never reached before, even during two-a-days for soccer back in high school.  They weren't just quitting on me--they were rebelling.  Mutiny of the legs is not something I can have if I have to run 14.2 miles further than I did today, so I will have to beat them into submission.

I'm going to buy new shoes tomorrow.  I know they'll be expensive, but I think it will be a worthwhile investment.  I can't keep running on my cheapo Adidas' that I got at Dunhams.


I've got 14 planned for Saturday...Hopefully I can recover by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment