Monday, May 23, 2011

Looney Tunes Lawn Mowers and a New Beginning

Well peeps, the grass is green, the trees have leaves, and the healthy people are out of the gym and back outside.  I guess I should probably join them.  Somewhere down the line I am going to have to realize that it's not okay to be a healthy person for half the year and then become a hibernating glutton over the winter months.  Oh Jets, you destroy me.

Things have changed a bit from my situation last year.  I am not planning on running any marathons in the near future.  I just want to get to where I'm running 20-30 miles a week.  Also, I moved into a house on the east side of town, so I get some new routes!  That is exciting.  I'm still trying to recover from that near heart-attack caused by that awful german shepherd

This new living situation has provided me with a new oportunity for yard work, and the use of this RIDICULOUS contraption:
Seriously, what is this?  Only one of the worst inventions ever created.  Bugs Bunny (or whatever cartoon used it...Wylie Cayote?) makes it look so easy.  It is not.  It is NOT a good time.  At least I'm getting an upper-body workout, but I may be on craigslist before too long looking for a gas-powered machine.  I can't go around with bruised palms all summer.

I ran a little over 2 miles yesterday and it was sloooooow.  I definitely have a long way to go before I get comfortable with this again.  I'm going to look into a gym membership this afternoon.  We'll see if paying for this health nonsense will make me do it, and get me into shape a bit faster. =D  Here's to a new running season!

No comments:

Post a Comment