Monday, January 10, 2011

It's The 0-1-1 Son!

Well it's a new year, and it's time to start feeling bad about yourself again.  Heh.  Mr. Positivity is always preaching strong on a Monday morning.  I only say that because it's the time where you make New Years Resolutions, and then look at your track record from the year before, and the year before that, and the year before that... And you also notice a recurring theme.  You didn't keep ANY OF THEM.  hahaha.  I don't know, maybe it's not so funny.  But maybe I'm laughing and crying at the same time.  One of those "Ahahah...uhuhuhuh." *weeps*

So needless to say, we make New Years Resolutions anyway.  Even if we don't keep them, they give us a sense of hope that maybe, just maybe, we'll follow through this year.  They also provide us with somewhat of a "Control+Y" Re-do on life.  We may have already undone what we set out to do this year, but it's time to get back in the drivers seat and start over.

On a more personal note, I have to admit that I haven't done much running since my foot injury.  I've paid for it, because I've gone back to eating my beloved ELFudge cookies and pizzas.  The jeans are fitting a bit tighter these days, and it's definitely time for me to hop back on the treadmill and get my act together.  I'm shooting for 5 days/week in the gym, and I've given up fast food entirely.  Blogging does help keep me accountable, so I've got my fingers crossed. 

Regarding official resolutions...I didn't really make any for the year.  I'm focusing more on the change in lifestyle than on the actual accomplishments.  What kinds of resolutions did all of you make?

Happy 2011 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment